Elizabeth Hugo, a dreaming woman in her 20s, started her career as a romantic novelist 8 years ago. She met by accident an old man in a bar, called Jack McCallister, in his 60s. He’s guitarist and specifically a “classic, folk, country” composer. But when Liz realized that Jack is a failed musician, she tries every time she re-meets him accidentally to help him.However, he refuses, until he finally accepts after becoming homeless. Once he gets in her life, Liz survives incredible and imaginary moments with Jack, thanks to his music, through his famous secret “Close your eyes…”
What Inspired You to Write Your Book?
I wrote this book because one of romantic films had really impressed me. That I wanted to write something like it.
How Did You Come up With Your Characters?
Almost each book has two heroes: a young woman ad an old man: me and my favorite actor, my crush. And this novel also contains a young novelist, and an old guitarist.
– (he starts speaking as he's getting what's locked inside him out) I just want that my music becomes heard by people, no matter if I become famous or not… All what I want is to become a part of music legends… to become a legend of music… whatever the type is… like Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Alice Cooper, Elton John, David Bowie…
– A… Look, my family and I are not that interested in music so… the only person I really know is Alice Cooper, because my brother is a fan of rock, he never stops listening to his and others’ songs and talking about them, and…
Suddenly, McCallister stops walking, and Beth asks him:
– What's the wrong?
– What do you mean "my family and I are not interested in music"?
– We rarely listen to music. And even if we did, we're not interested in asking "who's the singer?"…
– … What do you mean that you know only Alice Cooper?
And he suddenly screams with all his efforts, in the street:
– … WHAT?!!!
– (scared) What?!Why are you screaming?
– WHAT DO YOU MEAN NOT INTERESTED IN MUSIC!!!!
– Shshsh! Stop screaming! We're in public!
– NO! I WON'T STOP SCREAMING!!!
– Shshsh! Please stop!
-Shsh! Sh! Sh!
She closes his mouth and he shuts. She removes her hand and he yells again:
I'm Evelyn Robyn. I'm novelist and I write about many categories. My last books are The Extraordinary Circus and The Princess of The Heroes.
Links to Purchase eBooks
Link To Buy A Young Novelist, An Old Guitarist On Amazon
Have you read this book? Tell us in the comments how you liked it!